May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14 (NIV)
Read this as a prayer today –
In faith, I know this to be true:
- Jesus, you are full of truth and grace, and you fill me with your truth and grace (John 1:14).
- You are working within me to clear a channel so that your love flows through me into the lives of everyone I meet. When I find it difficult to love someone, I can be confident that you will love that person through me (Galatians 2:20-21).
- I may not be where you need to be yet, but I am “confident of this, that he who began a good work in [me] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6 NIV).
- And I know “God is able to make all grace abound [in me], so that in all things at all times, having all that [I] need, [I] will abound in every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV).
- Thank you, Jesus – You have filled me with your grace and truth, brought me deep and permanently into the love of God, and given me the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. I am, at all times, filled with grace, mercy, and peace (2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV).
Pastor Rick is leading us through a series on parenting right now, and we thought you’d be interested in this new curriculum at Saddleback Resources: Raising Your Kids without Raising Your Blood Pressure.
To learn about setting priorities based on the character of Jesus, consider reading Costly Grace by Jon Walker. Pastor Rick says Costly Grace “strips discipleship down to its essentials, where we discover again that, when we face uncertainty, our only certainty is in Jesus.”